How do I?


Get involved (Volunteer)

  • Community Safety Volunteers (CSV) - learn more about
    this exciting opportunity for residents to partner with the Castle Rock Police Department and support the efforts of sworn and civilian personnel.
  • Explorers - read more information about becoming a Castle Rock Police Explorer, if you are a young adult between the ages of 14 and 21.
  • Victims Services - learn more about becoming a trained volunteer providing support and resources for families and individuals affected by crime or a traumatic event.

Learn more about

Register for

Report a

  • Barking dog - report a problem with a barking dog by calling the 24/7 non-mergency line, 303-663-6100, or using the Town's report a concern module.
  • Crime - for all nonviolent crime, such as identity theft, vandalism or lost or found property, call the nonemergency line, 303-663-6100, or use the ePoliceReporting system.
  • Personnel complaint - Submit a complaint against an officer or employee of the Police Department. An investigation will be conducted and, if substantiated, appropriate action may be taken.

Request a

  • Animal licensingTown Code requires that all dogs and cats residing in the Town of Castle Rock over the age of 6 months be licensed.
  • Fingerprinting services - Effective Sep 24, 2018 the Castle Rock Police Department will no longer provide this service in response to Senate Bill 17-189. For additional information on where you can obtain applicant fingerprint services, visit the Colorado Bureau of Investigation's website.
  • Honor Guard services - the Castle Rock Police Department's Honor Guard Unit may be available on request to perform certain ceremonial details. Fill out their request form for consideration.
  • House watch / Increased patrol - residents may request to have an officer check their home and surrounding area for suspicious activity at random times, as time and call load permits.
  • K-9 unit demonstration - our K-9 Units are available for demonstrations at special events. To request a demonstration, fill out their request form.
  • Police records - official reports of all incidents reported to Castle Rock Police are available on request from the Records Unit.
  • VIN verification - standard VIN verifications are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. for a $5 fee (legal residents of the Town of Castle Rock) or $10 for nonresidents and off-site services - DR2698