Running for Town Council
Learn about specific requirements: Running for Council
Learn about the Town’s elections
Town elections are held in November of even-numbered years and are coordinated and administered by Douglas County. Coordinated elections include those for Town Council representatives, possible ballot questions or issues, charter amendments and referred ordinances or resolutions.
Town Council may also call a special election, if deemed necessary, by ordinance for any Tuesday outside of certain parameters of proximity to a regularly scheduled election.
The Town Clerk is the designated election official for the Town of Castle Rock.
Elections for Town Council are for four-year terms and occur are every two years.
- Councilmember seats for Districts 3 and 5, as well as the at-large Mayor will be elected in November 2022.
- Councilmember seats for Districts 1, 2, 4 and 6 will be elected in November 2024.
Get out and vote!
You are eligible to vote if you:
- Will be 18 years of age or older at the time of the election
- Are a United States citizen
- Have resided in the district you will be voting in for at least 22 days prior to the election
To register to vote
You will need a Colorado State driver’s license or an ID card issued by the Department of Revenue or another acceptable form of identification. Register to vote in person at the Douglas County Elections Office, or head to govotecolorado.com. You can verify your registration information, register online, or update your current registration with a new address on the State website.