Cruisers Swim Team
About the team
The Castle Rock Cruisers Swim Team provides an opportunity for young swimmers to be involved with a recreational swim team. Practice sessions involve development of the four competitive strokes, flip turns and starts.
Cruisers has two teams, Cruisers East and Cruisers West.
The Recreation Center leisure pool will be closed for annual maintenance and general cleaning the week of Aug. 12. In addition the leisure pool slides will be closed beginning Sunday, Aug. 11 so crews can get a jump start on the work.
With kids and some of our staff going back to school we will be going to modified outdoor pool hours starting Wednesday, Aug., 7 through Labor Day.
- Burgess Pool will be open: Monday-Friday 4 p.m.-7 p.m., Saturday & Sunday 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Butterfield Pool will be open: weekends only 9 a.m.-6 p.m.*
Swim Meet Parking
Butterfield Crossing Drive is currently under construction and street parking is not available in many areas. The parking lot at Meadow View Elementary may also be closed for repairs during portions of the season. View a map showing where street parking will be available along Butterfield Crossing Drive. Please allow extra time for parking this season.
The Town Trolley will run shuttle parking from 6 a.m.-3:30 p.m. from the lower parking lot at Paintbrush Park to Butterfield Crossing Pool for the swim meet on Saturday, July 13. The shuttle will also run from 6:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 20.
Dates and requirementsVisit the Castle Rock Cruisers website for registration, schedules, results and up-to-date information about the team.
- Ages: 5-18 (as of June 1, 2019)
Must be able to swim one continuous unassisted length of the pool using either freestyle or backstroke
- Online registration will begin April 2.
- Suit try-on and T-shirt pick up will be Saturday, April 13, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. at the Recreation Center. Please bring proof of registration.
May 13 - July 20
Butterfield Crossing & Recreation Center Practice Schedule
2:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
* Parents will sign their children up for a practice segment of 30 to 90 minutes, depending on the squad.
*Practices are divided up by age and abilty.
Check back for practice schedules.