Effective Friday, Nov. 20 residents and businesses in Castle Rock will be under the Colorado Department of Health and Environment’s Safer at Home Dial Level Red. The move from Level Orange to the more restrictive Level Red is based on COVID-19 case numbers, positivity and incidence rate. The change to Level Red will impact some Parks and Recreation services provided by the Town. Capacity at facilities and programs will be reduced to 10 people and indoor sports league play will be halted.
The Recreation Center is currently open. New safety precautions are in place, and users are required to reserve a 90-minute time slot online for a specific workout zone. The lap pool and leisure pool are also open by reservation only with a maximum of 10 people each. Lap lanes are limited to one or two people depending on the lane. Restrooms and showers are open, and lockers are available on a limited basis.
Make a reservation
In addition, the Rec Center Leisure Pool is also open by reservation. Reservations may be made 48 hours in advance.
Please keep in mind:
- The sauna and hot tub are no longer available for use.
- The hot tub is closed.
- Limited lockers are available. Showers are also available for swimmers to rinse off
- Please arrive with your swimsuit on, and be prepared to leave the facility in your swimsuit
- Slides are available starting at 9 a.m.
We would like to sincerely thank those of you who continue to wear your masks throughout your work out. It is very encouraging to see how much you care about not only our staff, but each other while on your fitness journey. Our staff, members and participants are what makes working in the world of wellness so fulfilling. We know many of you rely on us as an outlet to stay healthy in this trying time.
As you have no doubt noticed, the weather is turning and the Recreation Center and MAC are getting busier by the day. While we are a long way from the “good old days”, it is amazing to see the resilience of all who continue to walk through our doors. As we become more active indoors, it is important to continue taking care of each other. I am including a few of the larger measures we are taking to make our environment a safer place to participate in below. I am also including a request to you, and all of our participants, to help us keep these efforts successful, and allow us to stay open and continue providing an outlet of wellness for all of Castle Rock.
Virus mitigation measures
- Increased fresh air flow (it might get chilly, but it’s fresh air)
- Regularly scheduled deep cleaning periods
- Staff temperature and symptom checking
- Staff masking and physical distancing
- Scheduled participation times to allow for reduced capacity and regular cleaning times
What we are asking from you
- Stay home if you are not feeling well or have been exposed to COVID-19
- Wear a mask throughout your workout
- Take it down, catch your breath if you need it, put it back on and continue
- Wipe down each piece of your equipment after each use
- Keep your distance
Please know, we have asked staff to be more persistent in reminding people of our expectations of our guests and participants. Please remember, this situation will be as uncomfortable for our staff as it is for the individual who they are expected to address. If you have any questions or concerns, please address them to me directly.
If you need an accommodation, please contact our administrative staff prior to your visit to discuss how we can help you meet your wellness goals while keeping our facilities safer and open.
Recreation Facilities Supervisor
About the division
Participant and parental resources
Weather Hotline (updated at 4 p.m.)
New registration system
We have a new registration system! All of adult athletics will immediately transition to the new registration site for our spring season. If you’ve already created a team we will contact you and get you moved over. If you haven’t created a team please follow the link to our new, easier, registration and information page.
All of our youth programs will gradually transition over to the new site. Spring and summer sports will still register and be scheduled through TeamSideline. Starting in the fall all registration and information will be located on the new system. We will have links on both sites directing you to the correct area.
For sport specific information please go to one of the following pages.
- Adult sports: sport leagues for participants 18 years of age or older
- Youth sports: sport leagues for participants 17 years or younger
- Camps and clinics: athletic camps and / or clinics for both adults and kids
Please note: not all of our sport programs are offered year-round and are subject to change seasons. Keep checking back for current offerings.