2017 survey now underwaySince 2011, the Town has commissioned a resident and business survey in each odd-numbered year. Toward that end, thousands of Castle Rock households recently were randomly selected to provide feedback on how the Town is performing as part of the 2017 Community Survey. Additionally, every business holding a Town business license is being invited to participate.
Contacts will occur three ways: an email with a link to the online survey; a mailed letter providing the link and a call-in number; and/or a phone call requesting an interview. Regardless of how you may be contacted, the Town requests your participation in this important process.
Please note that the selected participants each have been assigned a unique, one-time user ID that is required to complete the survey. Though not every household will receive an invitation, the Town values everyone’s feedback; a supplemental survey that will be open to the entire community will be available during April. Watch this page for a link to that study.
Results will be reported to Town Council and the community in May and willhelp the Town budget and plan for its future.
2015 results show Castle Rock is a great place to be
In 2015, the survey indicated Castle Rock is a place where the grass is greener.
More than 700 residents responded to the survey, after being randomly selected to participate by the Town's research firm, Northwest Research Group. Town-licensed businesses were also surveyed as part of this process.
Follow-up focus group
As a follow-up to the 2015 community survey, the Town launched an online focus group to provoke in-depth responses regarding the topics of growth; transportation; parks, recreation and special events; and communications. Those conversations occurred from October 2015 to February 2016. Read the report provided to Town Council regarding that process.
• The Town overall received a very strong 4-Star rating, barely missing a 4.5-Star rating, in Northwest’s 5-Star Rating system
Key findings from the 2015 community survey:
• The survey covered 46 satisfaction measures, and 45 of those received an above-average rating (3 or higher on a 5-point scale);
28 of the measures could be compared to the Town’s 2013 survey, and 13 of those showed improvements (one decreased, and
the remainder maintained similar satisfaction levels)
• Nine out of 10 residents said the quality of Town services exceeds their expectations, and eight of 10 believe they’re getting
their money’s worth for their tax dollars
• Residents affirmed that the Town’s strategic priorities are leading the community in the right direction and also indicated support
for special events occurring in Town
Along with the positive results, there are some areas that the survey indicates that Town Council and the community should examine:
• Residents view growth and traffic as the most important issues facing the Town. Town Council acknowledged these challenges and
will consider residents’ feedback in these areas when making decisions on the community’s behalf.
• Another take-away was that the Town could do more to seek residents’ involvement and input. Toward that end, a follow-up to the
survey is being explored, which would ask respondents to continue providing feedback online through the end of the year so that
Town Council has additional information to consider.
View the video presentation to Council.
Read the full report.
Questions? Call 720-733-3552 or email us.
The more than 1,300 responses received to the Town's 2013 community survey demonstrate that Castle Rock continues to be a great place to live. View final report for that survey.
Full results of the 2011 community survey are also available.