Future Park Site Selection Council Recommendation
The Parks and Recreation Department will present a recommendation to Town Council to select the next site for neighborhood park development on Tuesday, Oct. 17.
Council meetings are open to the public. Meetings begin at 6 p.m. and are held at Town Council Chambers at Town Hall, 100 N. Wilcox St. Please view agenda information online.
Based on staff analysis and public input, the Department will recommend selecting Meadows Filing 18 Lot 2. The Meadows Filing 18 site is located adjacent to Aspen View Academy Charter School, west of the the Low Meadow Boulevard and Red Hawk Drive intersection. Of the sites under consideration, this one has the largest surrounding population. In addition, because the Town will only be able to develop roughly five to eight acres of parkland with an allotted $2 million budget, the small site may make it the best fit for available funding.
You're invited! Special Preview Event for the East Plum Creek Trail Extension
Please join the Parks and Recreation Commission members and staff to hike a portion of the planned 2018 East Plum Creek Trail extension project before the trail is built! Upon completion, the trail will extend from the current end point west of Safeway to Crystal Valley Parkway. Interested parties should meet at the end of Perry Street, south of Plum Creek Parkway, at 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 18. Park in the cul-de-sac near 1733 South Perry Street. The guided hike will follow along the east side of the Plum Creek along unimproved, rugged terrain and will end by 6:30 p.m. The rain date for the event will be at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 25.
The Parks planning and construction division is responsible for:
- Planning and constructing new parks and trails, as well as maintaining and upgrading existing parks and trails, while protecting the Town’s natural resources.
- Providing safe and pleasing passive recreation areas, athletic fields, trails, building grounds and open space.
- Planning new parks and open land to meet the needs of the community, while balancing and conserving the Town’s many natural resources.
2017/2018 budgeted projects
- East Plum Creek Trail Southern Extension (2017 Design/2018 Construction)
- Festival Park redesign (2016 and 2017)
- LED Sign at Philip S. Miller Park (2017)
- Parks Operation and Maintenance Building (2017 Design/2018 Construction)
- Pickleball courts at Founders Village (2017)
- Park rezone
- Rueter Hess Reservoir