Fact or Fiction?
Your questions - answered!
If you have a question about your Town, we want to help you get accurate information. This page is a one-stop resource for the important topics in our community.
Have a question? Email us, or submit this form. We'll review your question and post it with an answer here.
Please know the Town reserves the right to rephrase inflammatory questions before posting. Questions that include profane, discriminatory, abusive or potentially malicious language, or personal attacks will not be posted.
- Are there any known plans for the empty building that used to be Wendy's on Milestone Lane?
- What is going on with the Memmen Young Infill planned developement? We were told there would be no blasting, but we have been hearing blasting coming from the ridge at night throughout September.
- Are there any plans for the lot that used to be an old gas station on South Wilcox Street/Frontage Road?
- I heard that the Emporium and the Barn are being turned into apartments. Is that true?
- Is it true that the block with the B&B cafe has been bought out by developers and has plans to be redeveloped as a high rise? What other high-rises are in the works for downtown?
- Can landowners demolish Downtown buildings?
- Over two years ago the Town said here in the fact and fiction that more gathering areas and items from the Promenade vision book would be built starting that year and going forward, not one
- What happened to the community gathering site with a warming fire promised at The Promenade?
- It appears that the Alberta developers site no longer contains any news regarding new tenants coming to the Promenade development, as the website is no longer active. Where can I find these updates?
- What uses is the Meadows Town Center zoned for?
- Is there a plan to have a sidewalk from Morningview to Wolfensberger on Coachline Road?
- Why did it take so long for the Town to show the public the notice for Meadows Filing 16? Anyway that the developer will donate that land to the Town or Parks and Recreation to be used for open
- I’ve seen on social media that the Dawson Ridge area has been sold for development. What’s happening there?
- What about the land east of Lantern Circle and South of Mitchell? There is a large piece of land off of Lost Canyon Ranch Road that I heard the owner is trying to sell for development, is there an
- Is it true that an apartment complex is being built east of Founders Parkway and south of Copper Cloud Drive?
- Town plans to build a recreation center in the 5 year recreation plan. The community surveys show that acquiring more open space/parks and creating more trails are priority while building a
- Is Challenge Hill open due to the pandemic?
- With the explosion in development and population. Are there plans for another recreation center? The current facility is already over crowded it appears at most peak times.
- The traffic circle on Wolfensberger still has the original paint and traffic pattern from the construction. It is painted/marked to allow inner circle traffic to exit and outer circle traffic to
- What is the plan for roadways in terms of fifth street and the traffic through downtown as it relates to the new developments up on ridge road and north of highway 86? It is already very congested,
- When are the streetlights going to be fixed on Highway 85 and south of Meadows Parkway?
- Will pharmaceuticals (birth control, hormones, etc.) and other chemicals and organic material (such as blood) be extracted from our drinking water with advanced treatment?
- Will the cost of our water go down with the implementation of water reuse, or should we expect costs to remain steady?
- Why are we being forced to drink recycled water starting in 2020? Did I miss a Town vote on this? I do not want to drink recycled water. I'd rather slow Town growth than drink recycled water.
- New Mayor - volunteer or paid by a corporation or special interest group? (Charter B on special election states the mayor cannot be paid by Castle Rock)?
- What will it take to implement the voter-approved changes to Castle Rock’s Town Council structure?
- Is there an effort to change how Castle Rock’s mayor is elected?