Fact or Fiction?
Your questions - answered!
If you have a question about your Town, we want to help you get accurate information. This page is a one-stop resource for the important topics in our community.
Have a question? Email us or submit this form. We'll review your question and post it with an answer here.
Please know the Town reserves the right to rephrase inflammatory questions before posting. Questions that include profane, discriminatory, abusive or potentially malicious language, or personal attacks will not be posted.
- What is being done by the Town to ensure that the (Promenade) developer is delivering what was promised?
- Do Water Closets require HVAC duct per building code? The toilet room in our master bathroom is extremely cold. It does not have HVAC; it only has a fan.
- What is happening on the corner of Lake Gulch Road and Oman. The property has been fenced in for over a year now after the apartment complex purchased the land and torn down the house?
- Who owns the horses seen west of Santa Fe on each side of North Meadows?
- Hi there. There's a post on Castle Rock Talk (Facebook) about a gas station and liquor store going in at the intersection of Plum Creek and South Lake Gulch Road. Is this correct? Or not so much?
- Will the Festival Park Commons project be moving forward? What is the approximate timeline for the development?
- Hi! Can you provide an update on the Promenade shopping area? It looks like we are building more than we can fill...
- Why is the Castle Rock Promenade not at all like what was proposed to citizens (i.e. upscale shopping/dining, walkable, hearths, farmers market, etc.)?...
- My question pertains to the CityScape development by Richmond...
- What is going to be built on the corner of Low Meadow Boulevard and Celestial Ave?
- I made a purchase at a Castle Rock grocery store and noted there were 3 sales tax items shown: 4%, 3.9% & 2.9%. I thought Castle Rock’s sales tax was 7.9% total. What is the breakdown for this 10.8%?
- How is the Town spending voter-approved TABOR revenue?
- Can you explain why Founders Village is a special Tax district and how money from this tax district is used? Thanks.
- What services are funded by local taxes?
- Where can I find out about the Town’s budget?
- What is the purpose of the orange mesh & black tarp barriers along Native Legend Trail? And the blue flags?
- Are there any plans to construct a full-sized ice rink in Castle Rock?
- Are there plans for a year-round simulated snow park at Philip S. Miller Park?
- What percentage of Castle Rock land is dedicated/protected open space? Is there a map showing these locations?
- Is Rock Park being re-zoned? What does that mean?
- What work is planned for Meadows Parkway?
- Why can't the traffic engineer time the lights so you don't have to stop at every red light. Founders is a mess.
- Are there more access roads being planned for Cobblestone Ranch? There is currently only two roads and they are getting congested. Additional roads into this development would be helpful.
- What road construction is happening in Castle Rock?
- Why does the Town not enforce it's illegal sign code? ...
- What will it take to implement the voter-approved changes to Castle Rock’s Town Council structure?
- Is there an effort to change how Castle Rock’s mayor is elected?
- Is the Town being sued about its solicitation ordinance?
- Is it true that there are plans to move the railroad tracks in 2020?
- How is the Town planning to increase parking in the downtown area, to support the new businesses and planned residences, in addition to losing existing parking spaces?
- I’ve heard Pit Bulls will no longer be banned. Is that true?
- When are Town Council meetings?
- How can I receive emails about Town happenings?
- Where can I learn about events and open houses?
- Is it possible to opt out of door-to-door solicitation?