Fact or Fiction?
Your questions - answered!
If you have a question about your Town, we want to help you get accurate information. This page is a one-stop resource for the important topics in our community.
Have a question? Email us, or submit this form. We'll review your question and post it with an answer here.
Please know the Town reserves the right to rephrase inflammatory questions before posting. Questions that include profane, discriminatory, abusive or potentially malicious language, or personal attacks will not be posted.
- Are there any known plans for the empty building that used to be Wendy's on Milestone Lane?
- What is going on with the Memmen Young Infill planned developement? We were told there would be no blasting, but we have been hearing blasting coming from the ridge at night throughout September.
- Are there any plans for the lot that used to be an old gas station on South Wilcox Street/Frontage Road?
- If the town approves The View, an enormous apartment complex in north downtown, will there be an improvement made to the intersection of Wilcox and Eighth st?
- Is it true that the block with the B&B cafe has been bought out by developers and has plans to be redeveloped as a high rise? What other high-rises are in the works for downtown?
- I heard that the Emporium and the Barn are being turned into apartments. Is that true?
- Over two years ago the Town said here in the fact and fiction that more gathering areas and items from the Promenade vision book would be built starting that year and going forward, not one
- It appears that the Alberta developers site no longer contains any news regarding new tenants coming to the Promenade development, as the website is no longer active. Where can I find these updates?
- What has happened with the retaining wall at the Promenade?
- What is going on or planned for the city land at Valley and Columbine where the old city maintenance building was?
- I’ve seen on social media that the Dawson Ridge area has been sold for development. What’s happening there?
- What about the land east of Lantern Circle and South of Mitchell? There is a large piece of land off of Lost Canyon Ranch Road that I heard the owner is trying to sell for development, is there an
- Would the town consider building another incline or two in town? The one at Phillip S. Miller is so popular it’s hard to find a space. Maybe another incline on that same hill or maybe one on the
- Town plans to build a recreation center in the 5 year recreation plan. The community surveys show that acquiring more open space/parks and creating more trails are priority while building a
- Is Challenge Hill open due to the pandemic?
- What is the plan for roadways in terms of fifth street and the traffic through downtown as it relates to the new developments up on ridge road and north of highway 86? It is already very congested,
- Is there a plan to make the city more accessible by walking/biking? We have a lot of sidewalks that end abruptly and bike lanes that go nowhere.
- Why can't the traffic engineer time the lights so you don't have to stop at every red light. Founders is a mess.
- Will pharmaceuticals (birth control, hormones, etc.) and other chemicals and organic material (such as blood) be extracted from our drinking water with advanced treatment?
- Will the cost of our water go down with the implementation of water reuse, or should we expect costs to remain steady?
- Why are we being forced to drink recycled water starting in 2020? Did I miss a Town vote on this? I do not want to drink recycled water. I'd rather slow Town growth than drink recycled water.
- Do you need to be a Castle Rock resident to be on one of the city boards (such as the art commission)?
- Can an HOA within the city of Castle Rock restrict or limit the installation of artificial turf on a homeowners residential property?
- Is it true that while masks are encouraged, nothing makes mask wear mandatory in Castle Rock? How does Castle Rock exempt themselves from the TCHD Public Health Order?