Fact or Fiction?
Your questions - answered!
If you have a question about your Town, we want to help you get accurate information. This page is a one-stop resource for the important topics in our community.
Have a question? Email us, or submit this form. We'll review your question and post it with an answer here.
Please know the Town reserves the right to rephrase inflammatory questions before posting. Questions that include profane, discriminatory, abusive or potentially malicious language, or personal attacks will not be posted.
- What is happening with the burned out house on Wolfensberger just before the new roundabout that is under construction?
- What is happening with the two gas stations for sale on the east side of I-25 and Wilcox? One is for sale, and the other may be abandoned? Any update is appreciated!
- What is being built on corner of Wolfensberger and Wilcox by Guadalajara restaurant?
- What happened to the community gathering site with a warming fire promised at The Promenade?
- It appears that the Alberta developers site no longer contains any news regarding new tenants coming to the Promenade development, as the website is no longer active. Where can I find these updates?
- What has happened with the retaining wall at the Promenade?
- Is there a plan to have a sidewalk from Morningview to Wolfensberger on Coachline Road?
- Why did it take so long for the Town to show the public the notice for Meadows Filing 16? Anyway that the developer will donate that land to the Town or Parks and Recreation to be used for open
- Who owns the horses seen west of Santa Fe on each side of North Meadows?
- What about the land east of Lantern Circle and South of Mitchell? There is a large piece of land off of Lost Canyon Ranch Road that I heard the owner is trying to sell for development, is there an
- Is it true that an apartment complex is being built east of Founders Parkway and south of Copper Cloud Drive?
- What is the status of the area adjacent to the Memmen Ridge Open Space?
- Are e-bikes and dirt bikes allowed on Castle Rock trails?
- I've heard for years that they are "getting ready" to install a flag pole and flag at Red Hawk Ridge Golf Course. Any estimate on when this is to be finished?
- Is the city considering taking over the Plum Creek Golf Club pool? If no, what is going to happen to the pool and parking lot- it has been left abandoned for 6 years.
- Who is supposed to enforce the "No Parking at any Time" signs posted in Castlewood Ranch? Is it the HOA, Douglas County Sheriff's Office or CRPD?
- In a residential neighborhood, is it legal to park on the opposite side of the street, going against traffic? Also, is it legal to park with two wheels on the sidewalk?
- Is it legal for motorized dirt bikes to be driven on streets in The Meadows? It is legal for motorized vehicles/bikes to ride in the open space adjacent to Morning Glory and Waverton Ranch?
- When are the streetlights going to be fixed on Highway 85 and south of Meadows Parkway?
- Is work on the roundabout at Wolfensberger Road and Plum Creek Parkway finished?
- Is there a plan to make the city more accessible by walking/biking? We have a lot of sidewalks that end abruptly and bike lanes that go nowhere.
- Will pharmaceuticals (birth control, hormones, etc.) and other chemicals and organic material (such as blood) be extracted from our drinking water with advanced treatment?
- Will the cost of our water go down with the implementation of water reuse, or should we expect costs to remain steady?
- Why are we being forced to drink recycled water starting in 2020? Did I miss a Town vote on this? I do not want to drink recycled water. I'd rather slow Town growth than drink recycled water.
- Is it allowable to have a wood burning fireplace in a new construction home?
- The town has done a wonderful job making the entrances into the Meadows beautiful. The trees are healthy, the grass manicured, etc. The entrance on Wolfensberger under the train bridge,
- Has the Town purchased the gas station located at 830 N. Wilcox St.?
- New Mayor - volunteer or paid by a corporation or special interest group? (Charter B on special election states the mayor cannot be paid by Castle Rock)?
- What will it take to implement the voter-approved changes to Castle Rock’s Town Council structure?
- Is there an effort to change how Castle Rock’s mayor is elected?