Fact or Fiction?
Your questions - answered!
If you have a question about your Town, we want to help you get accurate information. This page is a one-stop resource for the important topics in our community.
Have a question? Email us, or submit this form. We'll review your question and post it with an answer here.
Please know the Town reserves the right to rephrase inflammatory questions before posting. Questions that include profane, discriminatory, abusive or potentially malicious language, or personal attacks will not be posted.
- Are there plans to have EV chargers installed at current and future gas stations and convenience stores?
- What’s the latest on the Young American Planned development?
- What’s the latest on the Pine Canyon and Pioneer Ranch proposals? Are there plans within these developments to preserve that forest and protect our wildlife neighbors?
- Is the library being forced to move and businesses being required to relocate due to more development there?
- I'm told the developer didn't provide near enough for the quiet zone as they promised and the town doesn't have the funding to make up the rest.
- If the town approves The View, an enormous apartment complex in north downtown, will there be an improvement made to the intersection of Wilcox and Eighth st?
- Over two years ago the Town said here in the fact and fiction that more gathering areas and items from the Promenade vision book would be built starting that year and going forward, not one
- It appears that the Alberta developers site no longer contains any news regarding new tenants coming to the Promenade development, as the website is no longer active. Where can I find these updates?
- How was the Town involved in funding the Promenade?
- Is Kum & Go building a gas station off Crystal Valley Parkway? I heard a gas station there was previously denied, is that true? Where can I find recordings of the neighborhood meetings?
- What is the plan for King Soopers on Ridge Road? The store currently can barely sustain the community now. Wedging apartment complexes and new homes in already developed
- What is going on or planned for the city land at Valley and Columbine where the old city maintenance building was?
- Is a new park being planned somewhere along Gilbert Street or is a new name being considered for Centennial Park?
- Would the town consider building another incline or two in town? The one at Phillip S. Miller is so popular it’s hard to find a space. Maybe another incline on that same hill or maybe one on the
- Town plans to build a recreation center in the 5 year recreation plan. The community surveys show that acquiring more open space/parks and creating more trails are priority while building a
- Is it legal to discharge a firearm in the active protection of livestock(chickens) against a nuisance animal(bobcat) attack?
- What can be done to stop noise from jake brakes/compression engine brakes?
- What is being done about gun safety in our communities? What it currently being placed into action to further protect ourselves and others?
- Is there a plan to extend Prairie Hawk Drive to Plum Creek Parkway?
- Are there any plans to widen Wolfensberger from Red Hawk Drive to Coachline?
- What is the plan for roadways in terms of fifth street and the traffic through downtown as it relates to the new developments up on ridge road and north of highway 86? It is already very congested,
- Will pharmaceuticals (birth control, hormones, etc.) and other chemicals and organic material (such as blood) be extracted from our drinking water with advanced treatment?
- Will the cost of our water go down with the implementation of water reuse, or should we expect costs to remain steady?
- Why are we being forced to drink recycled water starting in 2020? Did I miss a Town vote on this? I do not want to drink recycled water. I'd rather slow Town growth than drink recycled water.
- Are some varieties of trees prohibited in Castle Rock?
- What is happening at Metzler Park, near Walmart? There's construction in the lowland area just west of the parking lot, at the bottom of the sledding hill.
- Are there any requirements on what kind of trees developers are required to plant? Or seems like there are too many deciduous trees and not many native ponderosas which really define our town. Could