How Do I?


  • Lost or stolen property - Search recently lost and found property or contact our property and evidence technician at 303-660-7558.
  • Registered sex offenders - For more information or how to search the sex offender registry.

Get Involved (Volunteer)

  • Community Safety Volunteers (CSV) - Learn more about this exciting opportunity for residents to partner with the Castle Rock Police Department and support the efforts of sworn and civilian personnel.
  • Explorers - Read more information about becoming a Castle Rock Police Explorer, if you are a young adult between the ages of 14 and 21.
  • Victims Services - Learn more about becoming a trained volunteer providing support and resources for families and individuals affected by crime or a traumatic event.


  • Thank you for your interest in giving to the Castle Rock Police Department. We are grateful to receive gifts toward specific programs. In this section, learn about each of these options.

Learn More About

  • Becoming a Castle Rock police officer - For more information, view our recruitment brochure. All officer positions are posted on our Town's website.
  • Disposing of medication - Expired or unwanted prescription medication may now be dropped off in the Police Department's lobby during regular hours (Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, excluding holidays).
  • Identity Theft - Identity theft is a growing concern, learn about the definitions, facts and resources.
  • Protecting personal property - Protect your property with a free account using ReportIt from LeadsOnline.

Register for

  • CodeRED Emergency Mass Notification - This system is used to send critical communications to residents and business owners during emergencies in the Town of Castle Rock. More information: CodeRED, or go directly to the registration page.
  • Specific Response Registry - Residents requiring extra assistance in the event of an emergency or evacuation are encouraged to register for the voluntary Specific Response Registry.

Report a

  • Barking Dog - Report a problem with a barking dog by calling the 24/7 non-emergency line, 303-663-6100, or using the Town's report a concern module.
  • Crime - For all nonviolent crimes, such as identity theft, vandalism or lost or found property, call the non-emergency line, 303-663-6100, or use the ePoliceReporting system.
  • Compliment or Complaint - The Police Department holds its officers and personnel to the highest standards and wants residents to know that police are here to help. So, tell us what you think.
  • Vehicle Accident Counter/Private Property Accident Reports - During the Town's activated Accident Alerts or if occurred on private property, accidents may be reported through the State of Colorado's DMV website. To file a report using the State of Colorado Online Accident Report, the accident must meet each of the following criteria:
    • No fatality or injury requiring medical attention was sustained by any person(s) involved in the accident, and;
    • The accident is not an alleged hit and run or it is an alleged hit and run, and there is no information on the other driver involved in the accident, and;
    • The accident does not involve damage to any public property other than wildlife, and:
    • No drivers involved in the accident are suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Request a

  • Animal Licensing - Town Code requires that all dogs residing in the Town of Castle Rock over the age of 6 months be licensed.
  • Fingerprinting Services - The Castle Rock Police Department no longer provides this service in response to Senate Bill 17-189. For additional information on where you can obtain applicant fingerprint services, visit the Colorado Bureau of Investigation's website.
  • Honor Guard Services - The Castle Rock Police Department's Honor Guard Unit may be available on request to perform certain ceremonial details. Fill out the Honor Guard Request form for consideration.
  • House Watch/Increased Patrol - Residents may request to have an officer check their home and surrounding area for suspicious activity at random times, as time and call load permits.
  • K9 Unit Demonstration - Our K9 Units are available for demonstrations at special events. To request a demonstration, fill out the Demonstration Request form.
  • Mental Health Intervention - If you or someone you know feels isolated or is struggling with the daily stresses of life, you are not alone. Our goal is to make sure that no one feels all hope is lost. We understand and want to help.
  • Police Records - Official reports of all incidents reported to Castle Rock Police are available on request from the Records Unit.

Stay Informed

  • Notify Me - Stay informed and subscribe to periodic updates to the Town departments of your choice.
  • CodeRED - Keeping citizens informed in case of emergencies.
  • Social Media - Did you know the Castle Rock Police Department is on Facebook, Twitter and Nextdoor? Learn more about each specific use.