Animal Licensing

Town Code requires that all dogs residing in the Town of Castle Rock, over the age of 6 months, be licensed. Cats do not require a license. For a complete listing of the rules and regulations for animals in Castle Rock, view the Municipal Code.

To obtain a license for goats or pigs, contact Animal Control at or call 720-733.6063 during normal business hours. 

How To Apply

DocuPet is the Town of Castle Rock's official pet licensing partner. In adDocupet Imagedition to your pet's official license, DocuPet also provides:

  • Full access to the HomeSafe™ 24 / 7 lost pet service
  • A selection of over 160 designer tag options that double as your pet's official license
  • A central dashboard for your pet's medical records and information
  • A quick and easy online solution for purchasing and renewing your pet's license

Funds provided by pet licenses supply much-needed financial resources for local animal welfare programs initiatives. Also, DocuPet offers a designer license tag upgrade option that donates 20% of each purchase to The Buddy Center.

Register at

More information

The fastest and easiest way to license your pet is by creating your secure online profileYou may also license your pet by any of these alternate options:

Note: you must provide a copy of your pet's certificate of rabies vaccination to obtain a license.

For licensing-related questions, call DocuPet at 1-877-239-6072. To report a lost or found pet, log in to your DocuPet account or call 1-877-239-6072 and press option 3.