Flood Insurance

Insure your property

Floods are the most common natural disaster in the United States and can happen anywhere and at any time. The Town has adopted the Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA) Flood Insurance Study (FIS), and associated Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) for our community; thus making residents of the Town eligible for flood insurance. This study documents flood hazards including flow rates, base flood evaluations and floodplain delineations. Changing weather patterns, erosion and development can also affect floodplain boundaries.

Flood maps, known officially as Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs), show areas of high, moderate and low flood risk zones. To determine if your property is within a floodplain visit FEMA's Flood Map Service Center.

The Flood Disaster Protection Act of 1973 and the National Flood Insurance Reform Act of 1994 require all structures with a mortgage to carry flood insurance as a separate policy if the property is within a floodplain. Even if your property is outside a flood zone, flooding is an inherent risk. Common insurance policies, including homeowner's insurance policies, do not cover damages due to flooding. A separate flood insurance policy is needed to cover damages from flooding. To discuss the flood insurance policies that may be available to you, contact your insurance agent or visit FloodSmart.

The Town provides data and assistance regarding floodplain regulations and flood insurance map questions. Please contact the Stormwater Hotline by email or phone 720-733-2235 for additional information.

View the Town's floodplain regulations, Title 18 of the Town of Castle Rock Municipal Code.