Boards and Commissions
Your Town needs you!
The Town of Castle Rock offers interested community members the opportunity to become involved in their local government by volunteering to serve on one of 12 Town boards and commissions.
The purpose of the boards and commissions is to:
- Acquire and study information within the board's area of expertise
- Provide direction and recommendations to staff and Town Council
- Obtain public comment and be reflective of the community's voice
Applications are accepted throughout the year for interim vacancies. Annual recruitment occurs each year in April: Applications are accepted and candidates are interviewed by a team consisting of the Town Council liaison, Town staff members and a current member of the board or commission. Recommendations for appointments
TermsMost board and commission appointments are for two-year terms with a maximum of three terms served, for a total of six years. The exceptions to these term limits are the Downtown Development Authority, the Board of Building Appeals, the Election Commission and the Historic Preservation Board.
Once a citizen is termed out, they are eligible to volunteer to serve on any other board or commission immediately; however, if interested in serving on the same board or commission, the citizen must wait four years before applying.
- DDA by Statute serves four-year terms with a maximum of two terms, for a total of eight years
- Board of Building Appeals, by Municipal Code, serves three-year terms with a maximum of two terms, for a total of six years
- Election Commission by Charter serves three-year terms with a maximum of two terms, for a total of six years
- Historic Preservation Board, due to the unique composition and requirements of the board, members serve two-year terms for a total of four terms, for a total of eight years
VacanciesIf vacancies occur during the year, candidates remaining from the pool of applicants on file from the annual recruitment process may be contacted again for consideration. Otherwise, positions will be posted on the board and commission website pages as they become available.
View current vacancies and apply