Be a part of the change!
Climb4Change is a unique racing event that offers various timed races on the 200-step Challenge Hill at Philip S. Miller Park. Participants ascend 178 feet at least once in any one of the four climb challenges. There is also a non-timed fun run / walk that families can enjoy together on their own anywhere in the park.
Proceeds from this event are used to provide scholarships, purchase adaptive equipment, and provide access to a wide variety of activities for adults and children with cognitive and physical disabilities.
Learn more about the Town's Therapeutic Recreation Program.
Race date - Update
Rescheduled for Saturday, Aug. 27
Race day schedule
6:30 a.m. - packet pickup and day-of-race registration at the RNK tent
7 a.m. - " Early Eagle" Power Hour
8:30 a.m. - ClimbNRun 5K/10K
9 a.m. - Trail Reps
10 a.m. - "Perfect 10" Power Hour
11:15 a.m. - Race to the Top
11:30 a.m. - Run4Fun
12:30 p.m. - Award Ceremony
Early packet pickup will be available Wednesday, May 18, through Friday, May 20, during normal store hours at RNK Run & Walking, 440 Fourth St. in Castle Rock.
There are five different events to choose from:
- Power Hour - Up and down the stairs as many times as you can for 60 minutes! Two start hours to choose from.
- ClimbNRun 5K / 10K - Climb the stairs, down the switchbacks, and run the trail! Pick your distance.
- Trail Reps - up the stairs, down the trail, and repeat! You’ve got 30 minutes.
- Race to the Top - one time, that’s it! Can you beat the course record?
- Run4Fun - Don’t feel like climbing? Participate in a family fun run on a 1/4-mile course (non-timed). This non-timed event does not include a unique medal.
Thank you to our 2021 participants!
Thanks to the over 270 participants who helped contribute to the $9,686 raised to support our Adaptive Recreation program.
Please congratulate the following Overall Male and Female winners of the Power Hour. These folks dominated the incline!
Power Hour champs
- Tim Hola (45-59) 19 complete laps
- Kellie Weiss (20-34) 16 laps
Hoodies are available for purchase at the Recreation Center for $32.00. If you were unable to attend the event, your t-shirt is available for pick up at the MAC.
Contact the race director for more information.