Tri the Rock
All you have to do is try!
Come for a day of fun, food, prizes and sports. This annual youth triathlon is for young athletes ages five to 18. From kids who have never even heard of a triathlon to seasoned competitive triathletes, Tri the Rock encourages kids to get out and give it a try.
Sunday, Sept. 11, 2022
6 -10:30 a.m.
Butterfield Crossing Park and Pool
Registration and fees
Register for the 2022 event
Free Informational Clinic
Want to know the ins and outs of the Town’s youth triathlon? Join us at Butterfield Crossing Park for a review of event day protocol. Registration is required before Saturday, Aug. 28, and space is limited to 25 people per session. Early packet pick up will be available for registered clinic attendees.
Sunday, Sept. 4
- 1 p.m. (ages 7-18)
- 1:45 p.m. (ages 7-18)
Can’t make the clinic? Please review the clinic information (PDF).
New! Get race results in real time
15-18 years old
New age group this year!
- 7:30 a.m. start time
- 100-meter swim (four pool lengths, down and back twice)
- 16-kilometer bike ride
- 3-mile run
5-6 years old
- 25-meter swim (one pool length)
- 1-kilometer bike ride (one lap around Butterfield Park) - course map (PDF)
- 500-meter run - course map (PDF)
- The 5- and 6-year-old age group will begin once all of the other age groups are complete (times are estimated)
- Please be at the race site for check in by 10 a.m.
- The bike racks open at approximately 10 a.m. for all 5- and 6-year-old racers
- These time are estimates and start times may be later based on the finish of the earlier racers