Philip S. Miller Park
Philip S. Miller Park is a regional destination that truly has something for everyone. The 300-acre park includes the Millhouse events center, an outdoor Amphitheater, the Miller Activity Complex, the Challenge Hill outdoor staircase, an adventure playground and an interconnected trail network. Through a public-private partnership with The EDGE: Zipline Tours, ziplines and adventure courses are also available for play.
The 8-mile native-surface trail network consists of single-track trails divided into four different, but interconnected, loops. An additional 1 mile of paved accessible trail also circles the park. The trail's shining jewel is the 200-step Challenge Hill. Rising 178-feet in elevation, it's a lot tougher than it seems, but the views at the top are hard to beat.
The 2.5-acre Adventure Playground features a 40-foot long slide and many unique play options that blend seamlessly with the natural terrain, Gambel Oak and Ponderosa Pines. A full-size synthetic-turf field, concrete pathways, parking and lighting sit adjacent to the playground.
Next to the athletic-turf field sits the Plaza, which houses picnic pavilions, restrooms, a splash pad, plaza area, outdoor fireplace, play features and landscaping. The restrooms and outdoor fireplaces are operational from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. The splash pad is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. seasonally.
- 300 Acres
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accessible
- Adopted: Post Partners
- Adventure Playground: 5 to 12 years old
- Amphitheater at Philip S. Miller Park
- Bike trails
- Challenge Hill and trails
- Two gas fire pits: operational 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily - located in pavilion Number 1 and Number 2
- Miller Activity Complex (MAC)
- Millhouse at Philip S. Miller Park
- Multipurpose synthetic-turf field with lights: for field information or to request a field, email Athletics
- Permanent restroom: March through October, open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.; November through February, open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Picnic tables
- Play Loop
- Plaza pavilions (PDF): four reservable areas
- Splash pad - open starting Memorial Day weekend 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily (weather permitting)
- The Edge Ziplines and Adventures (ziplines, Sky Trek, Adventure Tower and Ninja Course)
|Plaza Pavilion Fees||Tables||Cost|
|Pavilion 1 - 80 people||8||$160 per 4-hour block|
|Pavilion 2 - 80 people||8||$160 per 4-hour block|
|Pavilion 3 - 60 people||6||$160 per 4-hour block|
|Core Plaza - 120 people||6 covered / 6 uncovered||$160 per 4-hour block|
|150+ people||Special events require a Town permit. Learn more about planning a special event. For questions on the application, call 720-724-2010 or email.|
Pavilions are open for general use November through February. Rental requests will be accepted starting Feb. 15 of each year for March through October of that current year.
An approved alcohol permit allows for possession and consumption only; it does not allow for service or selling of alcohol. No glass containers are permitted. When requesting an alcohol permit, please request this in the comments section on the online request form. Approval will show on the rental confirmation.
Inflatable structures shall be inspected and will need to be anchored to the ground or other ballast by the industry's best standards. Before your event, contact the Fire Department at 303-660-1066 to schedule an inspection to verify if everything is anchored appropriately. Driving on grass or paths is prohibited and caution needs to be used to avoid sprinklers and irrigation during set up and tear down. The contractor will need a generator and insurance that additionally insures the Town as below:
General Liability Insurance
- Requesting the park pavilion does not reserve the athletic field or surrounding areas as well. For field information email Athletics.
- All other park amenities may be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Gas grills are allowed, however charcoal grills are not. Also, at times, Town fire restrictions may prohibit the use of all grills. Visit the Town’s fire restrictions website for more information.