The Planning Commission reviews development requests, zoning change requests, and other related land proposals for future orderly growth and development in the Town of Castle Rock, as outlined in the Municipal Code. The Planning Commission holds public hearings, may request modifications to proposals, and works to reach consensus on an advisory recommendation to Town Council.
- 6 p.m.
- Second and fourth Thursdays of each month
- Town Hall Council Chambers
100 N. Wilcox St. (second floor)
Castle Rock, CO 80104
- Meetings are open to the public, and one or more Councilmembers may attend
- Dan Ahrens, Chair
- Chris Cote, Vice chair
- Carlos Salinas
- Jeff Samuelson
- Kevin McHugh
- Todd Warnke
- Tom Martinez
Town Council liaisons
- Mayor Jason Gray
- Councilmember Laura Cavey (alternate)
View the bylaws (PDF) for the Planning Commission.
Public comment is welcome
We believe in open government and encourage members of the public to attend Planning Commission meetings to provide input on agenda items. A public comment period generally is provided for each agenda item.
The following guidelines allow the Commission to address comments and effectively complete business on meeting agendas.
Advertised public hearings and discussion / action items
- This time is reserved for public comment on most items scheduled on the agenda
- Each speaker is allowed four minutes to address the Commission
- Comments must be related to the agenda item content