- Retired Pages
- Door-to-Door Solicitation
All businesses interested in soliciting door-to-door in Castle Rock must apply for a Solicitor Registration License, per Ordinance 2013-43.
A solicitor is any person attempting to make contact with a homeowner with the purpose of selling goods or services at the point of contact, whether or not the goods or services are actually delivered at the time of sale.
No knocking restrictions
Municipal Code Number 5.04 prohibits solicitors from knocking on a door if:
- The Town of Castle Rock "No Knock" sticker is displayed
- There is any posted "No Soliciting" sign
- The address is registered on the "No Knock" list, whether they have a sticker or not
Solicitors should review the No Knock List (PDF) or No Knock List (XLSX) daily. Resident addresses are submitted constantly, and this list is ever-evolving.
Solicitor applications (PDF) may be completed and submitted to the Finance Department at:
100 N. Wilcox St.
Castle Rock, CO 80104
Additional items required
In addition to the completed application, the following items are required to begin processing the application.
- Two passport photos (2 by 2 inches) for the solicitor ID badge
- Cash or check for $35 payable to the Town of Castle Rock (credit card payments are not accepted)
- Copy of your driver's license or State ID for the purpose of the background check
- Proof of a current Castle Rock Business and Tax License or Contractor Registration
Please note: The $35 application fee is nonrefundable. If licensing is denied or, once issued, is suspended or revoked. Please allow three business days for your application to be processed.