Taxi Voucher Program
The Town of Castle Rock funds the Taxi Voucher Program which provides rides for Town of Castle Rock residents that begin and end in Town limits. Transportation services are limited to work, medical/dental, grocery and pharmacy related trips. This service is equipped to provide services for residents in wheelchairs.
Registration and Application
Registration is required in order to receive transportation services. To register, complete an application for taxi service. Prospective riders also may request that an application be mailed to them by calling 720-295-TRIP (8747) or by emailing us.
To be eligible for the program, riders must:
- Be residents of the Town of Castle Rock
- Be at least 18 years old (16 and 17-year-olds may apply for work trips only)
- Not have access to a personal vehicle or have a disability that prevents them from driving
Completed applications may be submitted electronically, delivered or mailed to:
Town of Castle Rock Service Center
4175 N Castleton Court
Castle Rock, CO 80109
Applicants will be notified by mail within five business days as to whether they are approved for rides. Approved applicants will receive a Transportation Permit Card.
Make a Reservation
- Call 720-295-TRIP (8747) between 8 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
- Speak with a reservation agent (reservations cannot be made via voice mail or email)
- Schedule your ride at least 1 business day in advance. We do not do same day trip reservations (with the exception of urgent medical trips).
When you make a reservation, have the following information available:
- The address and time for your pick-up - Barring emergencies, the taxi company will arrive within 15 minutes of the appointed time. Be prepared to be picked up 15 minutes earlier or 15 minutes later than scheduled.
- The address of your destination
- For round trips, the time for pick-up and address of your destination for the return trip
- Your Transportation Permit Card number
|There will not be taxi service on the following holidays:||There will be taxi service on all other holidays:|
Accessibility: If you have a disability and require accommodation, please advise the reserving agent when you make your reservation
Reservation Limits: You may have only two round trips reserved at one time for medical or shopping trips. You may make reservations for work one week at a time. Reservations are available first-come, first served.
Cancellations: Call the reservation line and the taxi company (Yellow Cab 303-777-7777), preferably 24 hours in advance, but no later than 1 hour before your scheduled pickup time. Two failures to cancel your scheduled ride will result in transportation privilege suspension for 30 days following the second incident. If ridership privileges are suspended twice within a 12 month period, it will be grounds for suspension for 1 year, and the rider will have to apply following the one-year suspension.
For more information, view the Taxi Services Rider Guide.
Castle Rock Senior Center Shuttle Service
The Castle Rock Senior Center operates a volunteer-based senior shuttle service. Castle Rock residents ages 50 and up, as well as, adults with disabilities are eligible. For more information please visit Senior Center Transportation or call the Senior Center 303-688-9498.
Way to Go Program
The Way to Go Program is provided by the Denver Regional Council of Governments and offers a regional ride-matching service for carpools, van-pools, and school-pools in the Denver metropolitan area. Castle Rock residents and employers are eligible. For more information visit the Way to Go website.