Beautiful parks and well-planned trails are part of what make Castle Rock a great place to call home. Douglas County was recently named the seventh fastest growing city in America. This fast pace of growth presents a challenge for the Town to adapt to change while maintaining a world-class community with small-town character. The 5-Year Capital Improvement Plan (PDF) is the latest project planning document the department has crafted. The plan’s purpose is to direct the implementation of the vision for all parks, open space, trails and recreation capital projects through 2024.
Additional project planning documents include:
- Parks and Recreation Department Strategic Plan (PDF)
- Parks and Recreation Master Plan (PDF)
- Castle Rock Vision 2020 (PDF)
- Castle Rock 2030 Comprehensive Master Plan (PDF)
Stay up-to-date on Parks and Recreation projects
- Subscribe to e-newsletters
- View the calendar of upcoming public meetings and events
- Attend a Parks and Recreation Commission meeting, which is typically held the third Wednesday of each month at 5 p.m. at the Millhouse at Philip S. Miller Park, 1381 W. Plum Creek Parkway
- Attend a Public Art Commission meeting, which is typically held the second Thursday of each month at 4 p.m. at the Miller Activity Complex, 1375 W. Plum Creek Parkway.
- Get involved with the Castle Rock Parks and Trails Foundation, whose mission is to enhance Castle Rock’s parks, trails and recreational spaces.