Opt Out of Door-to-Door Solicitation
The No Knock List was created to allow homeowners to opt out of door-to-door solicitation and sales. Please display the No Knock sticker near your front door.
- Confirm if your address is on the No Knock List (PDF) or No Knock List (XLSX)
- Not on the list? Register your home address.
- Please note, if you live within the Macanta subdivision (off of Crowfoot Valley Road), your address is not within the municipal boundaries of the Town of Castle Rock. The No Knock ordinance is not applicable to your home address as you are a resident of Douglas County. No Knock stickers are only mailed to residents that live within Castle Rock municipal boundaries.
Already on the list? Request a replacement sticker
Municipal Code Number 5.04 prohibits solicitors from knocking on your door if:
- Your address is registered for the No Knock List
- You display a Town of Castle Rock No Knock Sticker
- You have posted a "No Soliciting" sign
Please note that this ordinance does not prohibit the practice of hanging door hangers or fliers. It only prohibits solicitors from attempting to make contact with residents by knocking on your door. View a complete listing of registered solicitors (PDF).
Information for police dispatcher
Any issues with a solicitor not following the guidelines of this Ordinance may be reported to Castle Rock Police at 303-663-6100. Please contact Police, if possible, while the solicitor is still in your neighborhood, and have the following information collected to relay to them.
- Individual or business name from solicitor badge
- Badge number
- Type of vehicle driven
- License plate number
A solicitor is any person attempting to make contact with the purpose of selling goods or services at the point of contact, whether or not the goods or services are actually delivered at the time of sale. Solicitors are required to:
- Register with the Town
- Have a valid business or contractors license
- Pass a background check
- Display a Town-issued ID badge
- Comply with the No Knock regulations
Canvassers are making contact for noncommercial purposes. They are not required to register with the Town and are not held accountable to the requirements of the No Knock Ordinance. Nonprofit organizations such as the Girl or Boy Scouts and school fundraising drives are examples of canvassers. Canvasser activities advocate civic, religious, charitable or political causes and are exempt from this ordinance.