2019 Temporary Erosion and Sediment Control Manual
The GESC/DESC Manual has been renamed the Temporary Erosion and Sediment Control Manual (TESC Manual), and has been revised to comply with the Town's MS4 (Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System) Permit with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. It is in effect for all new projects after July 1, 2019.
View a summary of the changes from GESC to TESC (PDF).
The TESC Manual describes the permitting program that has been adopted to promote environmentally sound construction practices in Town. The goal of the program is to implement erosion and sediment control measures as a standard for all land-disturbance activities. The hope is to reduce increases in erosion and sedimentation over pre-development conditions. Erosion caused by construction and downstream sedimentation can damage property and degrade the quality of streams and lakes. The TESC Manual (PDF) is a large document, so it may take several minutes to open the full manual.
View the entire manual or sections individually:
- TESC Manual (PDF)
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Section 1 - Introduction (PDF)
- Section 2 - Getting Started (PDF)
- Section 3 - Preparing a TESC Plan (PDF)
- Section 4 - Acceptance of TESC Plan and Applying for Permit (PDF)
- Section 5 - Field Section (PDF)
- Section 6 - Project Acceptance and Close-out (PDF)
- Section 7 - Low Impact TESC Permit (PDF)
- Section 8 - Vertical Residential Drainage and TESC Requirements (PDF)
- Section 9 - Acronyms and Glossary (PDF)
- Appendices (PDF) (Complete Set of Appendices)
- Appendix A - Contact List (PDF)
- Appendix B - Standard Notes and Details (PDF)
- Appendix C - Example TESC Drawings (PDF)
- Appendix D - Checklist for Developing a TESC Plan (PDF)
- Appendix E - Seed Mix Information (PDF)
- Appendix F - Town of Castle Rock TESC Acceptance Block (PDF)
- Appendix G - TESC Drawing and Report Checklist (PDF)
- Vertical Residential Drawing and Report Checklist (PDF)
- Appendix H - Opinion of Probable Cost Example Spreadsheet (PDF)
- Appendix I - Standard TESC Permit Application (PDF)
- Appendix J - Low Impact TESC Permit Application (PDF)
- Appendix K - Hold Harmless Letter Example (PDF)
2015 Grading, Erosion and Sediment Control / Drainage, Erosion and Sediment Control manuals
The GESC and DESC Manual (PDF) (commonly known as the GESC Manual) will still apply to projects that were in review or started before July 1, 2019. For projects begun after July 1, 2019, the TESC Manual (above) is in effect.
View the Town's Storm Drainage and other technical criteria on the Plans and Regulations page.
Erosion control training
This training is for contractors wishing to learn more about erosion control and post-construction water quality. Suggested sources for training:
- Altitude Training Associates, phone: 307-630-8110
- Red Rocks Community College, phone: 303-914-6420