Fact or Fiction?
Your questions - answered!If you have a question about your Town, we want to help you get accurate information. This page is a one-stop resource for the important topics in our community.
Have a question? Email us, or submit this form. We'll review your question and post it with an answer here.
Please know the Town reserves the right to rephrase inflammatory questions before posting. Questions that include profane, discriminatory, abusive or potentially malicious language, or personal attacks will not be posted.
- We have Grocery stores that are incredibly crowded due to an incredibly minuscule amount of stores for the population. Is there large retail space at the new Dawson trails area?
- I saw articles a few years back about a “Year round” synthetic ski hill over by Millers Landing. Is that still in the works?
- Are there plans to have EV chargers installed at current and future gas stations and convenience stores?
- Is the library being forced to move and businesses being required to relocate due to more development there?
- If the town approves The View, an enormous apartment complex in north downtown, will there be an improvement made to the intersection of Wilcox and Eighth st?
- Is it true that the block with the B&B cafe has been bought out by developers and has plans to be redeveloped as a high rise? What other high-rises are in the works for downtown?
- Over two years ago the Town said here in the fact and fiction that more gathering areas and items from the Promenade vision book would be built starting that year and going forward, not one
- It appears that the Alberta developers site no longer contains any news regarding new tenants coming to the Promenade development, as the website is no longer active. Where can I find these updates?
- How was the Town involved in funding the Promenade?
- Is it true that you are considering allowing The Rock church to build a homeless shelter / low income housing in the Meadows, less than a mile from our parks and schools where our children play?
- Is there a plan to have a sidewalk from Morningview to Wolfensberger on Coachline Road?
- What uses is the Meadows Town Center zoned for?
- Is Kum & Go building a gas station off Crystal Valley Parkway? I heard a gas station there was previously denied, is that true? Where can I find recordings of the neighborhood meetings?
- What’s going on with the property near the Enderud Boulevard roundabout on Ridge Road?
- What is the plan for King Soopers on Ridge Road? The store currently can barely sustain the community now. Wedging apartment complexes and new homes in already developed
- I read the town is deciding how to use pandemic money from the Fed. Would they consider using this to build affordable housing for our workforce? It’s getting very expensive for them to live here.
- How much in annual revenue does the Town’s sales tax on food produce?
- Can grocery tax revenue be used to help fund renewable water?
- Does it still cost $600 an hour to use the Millhouse for an event?
- Is a new park being planned somewhere along Gilbert Street or is a new name being considered for Centennial Park?
- Would the town consider building another incline or two in town? The one at Phillip S. Miller is so popular it’s hard to find a space. Maybe another incline on that same hill or maybe one on the
- Is it legal to discharge a firearm in the active protection of livestock(chickens) against a nuisance animal (bobcat) attack?
- What can be done to stop noise from jake brakes/compression engine brakes?
- What is being done about gun safety in our communities? What it currently being placed into action to further protect ourselves and others?
- Can we have a rain barrel on our property to collect rain water and/or sump pump discharge water? I thought rain barrels were legal in Colorado but have heard conflicting opinions locally.
- Will pharmaceuticals (birth control, hormones, etc.) and other chemicals and organic material (such as blood) be extracted from our drinking water with advanced treatment?
- Will the cost of our water go down with the implementation of water reuse, or should we expect costs to remain steady?
- Will the Town be replacing the gazebo that used to be in the corner of the library parking lot?
- Are some varieties of trees prohibited in Castle Rock?
- What is happening at Metzler Park, near Walmart? There's construction in the lowland area just west of the parking lot, at the bottom of the sledding hill.