- Discover Castle Rock
- Cornerstone Tribute Award
Cornerstone Tribute Award
The Cornerstone Tribute is designed to recognize people and / or organizations in the community who work to make Castle Rock a better place to live.
Any individual or organization is eligible for nomination. Nominations may be made by an individual or group / organization. The recognition honors those who have made substantial efforts resulting in long-lasting, positive effects on Castle Rock. This impact should support one of the four Town Cornerstones established in the Vision 2020: Town identity, community planning, community services or local economy.
- Town identity - To preserve Castle Rock’s history and character as a distinct and physically separate community that is the center of Douglas County.
- Community planning - To ensure the Town is carefully planned to accommodate the needs of existing and future residents while preserving and protecting Castle Rock’s Town identity and quality of life.
- Community services - To ensure that all necessary community services are provided to support the public interest and well-being of all Castle Rock residents and businesses.
- Local economy - To promote economic self-sufficiency and long-term stability of the local economy, to provide residents with a broad range of employment opportunities, and to provide the Town with a healthy tax base.
This program is currently being evaluated and we will not be accepting any nominations at this time.
Cornerstone Tribute recognition
Those selected to be honored with the Cornerstone Tribute will be recognized with a formal proclamation presented during a Town Council meeting. There will then be a permanent Cornerstone Tribute sign placed along the walking trail through Festival Park, or at an alternate location approved by the Parks and Recreation Department.