The View at Castle Rock
About the project
The View is a planned redevelopment project in Downtown Castle Rock that is a public-private partnership among the Town, the Downtown Alliance and Castle Rock Development LLC. The 201,000-square foot, mixed-use development, which includes a 399-space parking structure, will sit on the northeast corner of Sixth Street and Jerry Street.
The roughly $70 million project will redevelop the storage facilities presently at the site into 221 rental residential units, 14,242 square feet of office space and 5,000 square feet of retail space. The six-story building will feature loft units on the top floor. Six-story structures are allowed in the north Downtown area per Town regulations.
The Design Review Board approved the project's site development plan in March 2021, and Town Council approved the redevelopment and financing agreement in April 2021. Details of the agreement are available in the project fact sheet (PDF).
Benefits for the Town
- The project is expected to generate $6.2 million in new tax revenues through 2038.
- Additional Downtown parking including 112 new spaces
- Redevelopment of outdated storage facility near other new developments
- Additional Downtown retail store fronts
Current project status
- The project is currently proceeding through the building review process. Such items as construction plans, subdivision plats, and permits are reviewed and approved administratively per Town code.
|First Neighborhood Meeting||March 4, 2020||Meeting Summary (PDF)|
|Second Neighborhood Meeting||Sept. 17, 2020||Meeting Summary (PDF)|
|Third Neighborhood Meeting||Nov. 16, 2020||Meeting Summary (PDF)|
|Fourth Neighborhood Meeting||March 4, 2021||Meeting Summary (PDF)|
|Design Review Board Public Hearing - Site Development Plan approved||March 10, 2021|
|Town Council Redevelopment and Financing Agreement Ordinances approved||April 20, 2021|
Documents and more information
At each stage of the process, the applicant is required to provide numerous documents. Please note, some of these documents, due to their size, may take a few minutes to download.
For additional information, please contact Development Services at 303-660-1393 or email us.