Castle Rock Police Department invites you to sit in the driver’s seat and explore the many vehicles that serve our community.
CRPD started its annual Touch-A-Truck event in 2016, and it continues to grow every year. We are so grateful to the many organizations around the state who continue to participate in this event. From police cars to firetrucks, helicopters and more, there is something for everyone!
Not only will you will have an opportunity to climb inside and take pictures of the various trucks, their operators will be on hand to answer questions and teach you how they work. Our hope is for your family to leave with a better understanding about how these vehicles all play an important role in keeping our residents safe and secure.
- Saturday, Aug. 21, 2021
- Douglas County Fairgrounds Event Center
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a “no horn” hour from 9 to 10 a.m. for those kids who would like a more relaxed experience
- Cost: Free!
- Food trucks will be available.
2021 Touch-A-Truck Participants
- Castle Rock Police Department
- Castle Rock Fire and Rescue
- Douglas County Regional SWAT
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office Mobile Dispatch Center
- Colorado State Patrol
- AirLife Denver
- UCHealth LifeLine
- Flight for Life Colorado
- Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
- Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT)
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Elbert County Sheriff's Office
- Franktown Fire Protection District
- Denver Police Department's DUI Truck
- Homeland Security
- Douglas County Public Works
- I-25 Gap Project
- Life Electric (will also sponsor a face painting booth)
- Douglas County School District Transportation
- Westside Towing
- Town of Castle Rock Public Works
- SavATree: Lawn Care and Tree Care Service
- Dads of Castle Rock
- Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping
- Martin Marietta
- Schmidt Construction
- Neighbor Network
- Steam Carpet Cleaning
- Colorado Local Realty
- Plumbline Services
This is a growing list. Check back regularly for more updates.