Social Media Policy
All Town of Castle Rock social media sites are limited and strategic public forums for the purposes of disseminating information and seeking input on matters of public concern. All posted content generally relates to the discussion of Town programs, services, projects, issues, events and activities. Content may include other information the Town feels is necessary, important or of general interest to the community. The Town encourages the submission of questions, comments and concerns.
The Town may remove comments that are not protected speech, such as:
- Comments that create a clear and present danger, such as directly advocating or inciting violence or illegal activity
- Comments that are defamatory
- Solicitations of commerce (spam)
- Infringement on copyrights or trademarks
- Confidential or non-public information
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Content or conduct that violates any federal, state or local law
- Malware links and malicious content
The Town reserves the right to block users who continually engage in unprotected speech. If we block or ban a user, we will reasonably attempt to notify the user; describe the violation(s); and explain the appeal process.
Please note, this is a moderated online discussion site and subject to the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA), and e-discovery laws and policies.
Opinions and comments expressed by those other than the Town are not necessarily those of the Town of Castle Rock and its employees, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the comments. If you have any questions concerning the operation of moderated discussions, please contact the Town of Castle Rock Communications Division at 303-660-1365.
Our social media accounts are not monitored 24/7, and no one should use our social media to seek emergency services. Anyone in need of emergency help should call 911.
We do not guarantee we will respond to comments or messages sent on our social media accounts.
The official Town social media sites are:
- Town of Castle Rock Facebook (facebook.com/CRgov)
- Festival Park (@FestivalParkCR)
- Rock Park (https://www.facebook.com/Rock-Park-144709892219074)
- Philip S. Miller Park (@PhilipSMillerPark)
- Town of Castle Rock Twitter (@CRgov)
- Town of Castle Rock YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/c/crgov)
- Town of Castle Rock Instagram (CRGOV)
- Town of Castle Rock LinkedIn (search Town of Castle Rock)
- Town of Castle Rock Nextdoor
- Town of Castle Rock Parks and Recreation (CRparksrec)
- Castle Rock Police Department Nextdoor
- Castle Rock Police Department Facebook (facebook.com/CRpoliceCO)
- Castle Rock Police Department Instagram (CRPoliceCO)
- Castle Rock Police Department Twitter (@CRpoliceCO)
- Castle Rock Police Department YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UConvnkdnvuC9iY0vwYZKBNg)
- Castle Rock Fire Department Facebook (facebook.com/CRfireCO)
Have questions? Email the Town of Castle Rock Communications Division or call 303-660-1365.