https://crgov.com/list.aspxEvery day, a force of 600 dedicated employees go to work for you, to make sure Castle Rock stays a great place to live.
The Town team achieved numerous items on the community’s behalf in 2021 and has an ambitious list of goals for 2022. These achievements and goals are captured in the Town’s annual Report to the Community, which has been mailed to each Castle Rock address and is available online at CRgov.com/MajorProjects.
Among the key achievements from 2021:
- Beginning delivery of purified reuse water to Castle Rock to further the goal of a 75% renewable water supply by 2050; the Town’s water supply was nearly 33% renewable in 2021
- Securing voters’ approval for a 10-year TABOR timeout, which will be critical to the Town’s ability to complete the Crystal Valley interchange project, as well as to providing funding for fire and police needs
- Enhancing public information and outreach related to development projects
Looking forward into this year, major goals include:
- Opening Cobblestone Ranch Park and Metzler Family Open Space and completing the Colorado Front Range Trail within Castle Rock
- Beginning construction on major improvements to:
- Plum Creek Parkway
- Ridge Road
- Crowfoot Valley Road
- Plum Creek Boulevard/Crystal Valley Parkway
- The “Four Corners” intersection of Fifth Street/Ridge Road/Founders Parkway and State Highway 86
- Adding four new firefighters and four new police officers and continuing to dialogue with the community regarding options for funding the Town’s long-term public safety needs
The report and the short video accompanying this article highlight these items. A more detailed update on the Town’s progress on major projects through the end of 2021 is also available at CRgov.com/MajorProjects. That’s also where the Town will post quarterly updates on how work is progressing on 2022 goals. The Town invites residents to review this information and share in the celebration of the community’s successes.
Get Town news straight to your inbox. Sign up online at CRgov.com/NotifyMe, or follow the Town on Facebook (facebook.com/CRgov), Twitter (@CRgov), Instagram (CRGOV) and LinkedIn (search Town of Castle Rock).