News and Announcements Home
The original item was published from 3/9/2022 3:02:13 PM to 3/9/2022 3:06:37 PM.

News and Announcements

News and Announcements

Posted on: March 9, 2022

[ARCHIVED] Permits or reservations required for some uses of parks, trails and recreation facilities

Parks Permit Update with photo of concert in Festival Park

Warmer weather is around the corner. As temperatures rise, more people venture outside to enjoy the Town of Castle Rock’s beautiful parks, open spaces and well-maintained recreation facilities. But, did you know, commercial use, exclusive use or activities that will impact other park users or general park operations require a permit or rental agreement? Learn what you need to know before scheduling your next program or event. 

Commercial activities or services
All commercial activities or services in Town parks that provide a benefit to an individual, group or organization require a permit. The Commercial Activity Permit provides licensed vendors the opportunity to sell food, nonalcoholic beverages and other services and goods at designated sites approved by the Town. Some examples include mobile food vendors, dog training, boot camps, running clubs, music classes and fitness classes.  

Permits also ensure there are no conflicts with planned maintenance during the use of Town parks and park facilities, and that adequate insurance coverage is in place.  

Allow two weeks for application processing and approval. Permit cost varies by location. Commercial activity and services permit applications are available online at For more information about Town commercial park permits, contact Tara McGraw at [email protected] or 303-733-2260.

Commercial film and photography 
Filming and photography for commercial purposes on public property or in parks also requires a permit. Applicants must complete a permit application at least five days before the shoot. Film and photography permit applications can be found online at

Special event permits
If you are planning to host an event for 50 people or more in any public Town location, please review the special events information available at under the “plan an event” tab. The first step for any event organizer is to fill out a Special Event Application. All applications are reviewed and event organizers are notified within two weeks regarding the status of their application.

Field and athletic rentals
The Parks and Recreation Department has more than 15 outdoor facilities, including fields, tennis courts, inline courts and trails, that are available for rent. For more information and to make a reservation, visit

Facility and venue rentals
Some Parks and Recreation venues are available for rent to individuals or outside groups for special events, meetings, races, weddings, concerts and other gatherings. A few of the facilities that may be available for rental include Town park pavilions, meeting/party rooms at the Miller Activity Complex and Recreation Center, and The Millhouse at Philip S. Miller Park. For details about rental options, pricing and availability, visit

Learn more about Town parks and facilities at

Get Town news straight to your inbox. Sign up online at, or follow the Town on Facebook (, Twitter (@CRgov), Instagram (CRGOV) and LinkedIn (search Town of Castle Rock).

Facebook Twitter Email