If you’re passionate about our Town, consider applying to serve on one of the Town’s 11 advisory boards and commissions.
Board and commission volunteers have an active role in Town government and make a difference within the community. They study information within the board’s area of expertise – such as local development, water, public safety, transportation or park and recreation issues – and provide recommendations to Town Council and staff. The groups take public comments and help reflect the community’s voice.
The annual board and commission recruitment period is underway and those interested in serving are encouraged to apply. Applications are available at CRgov.com/Boards. Submit applications to the Town Manager’s Office, 100 N. Wilcox St., or by email to seklund@CRgov.com. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. Monday, April 25.
The boards and commissions that have vacancies are:
- Board of Adjustment (two vacancies)
- Board of Building Appeals (one vacancy)
- Castle Rock Water Commission (four vacancies)
- Design Review Board (one vacancy) *must be a Downtown property owner
- Election Commission (two vacancies)
- Historic Preservation Board (three vacancies)
- Parks and Recreation Commission (three vacancies)
- Planning Commission (three vacancies)
- Public Art Commission (four vacancies)
- Public Safety Commission (six vacancies)
- Public Works Commission (three vacancies)
Candidates will be interviewed on May 9 or 10 by a team that includes the Councilmember who is the liaison to the board or commission, Town staff and a current member of the board or commission. Recommendations for appointments are made to Town Council for formal approval, and terms begin June 1.
Preference is first given to persons who reside in the Town, second to persons who reside outside of Town but within Douglas County. Applicants can apply for more than one board or commission; however, they can only be appointed to serve on one.
More information on current vacancies and the overview, purpose and responsibilities of each board and commission is available at CRgov.com/Boards.
Get Town news straight to your inbox. Sign up online at CRgov.com/NotifyMe, or follow the Town on Facebook (facebook.com/CRgov), Twitter (@CRgov), Instagram (CRGOV) and LinkedIn (search Town of Castle Rock).