2022 was a banner year for the Town of Castle Rock, receiving national recognition as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live (Livability.com) and additional accolades for public safety and healthy living. Guided by the following key priorities, the Town achieved a number of milestones in 2022: ensuring outstanding public safety, securing our water future, maintaining strong parks and recreation, conservative management of Town finances, enhancing our roads, preserving our community character and supporting economic development.
The achievements and goals are outlined in the Town’s annual Report to the Community, which has been mailed to each Castle Rock address and is available online.
- Completed construction of Cobblestone Ranch Park, a 12-acre neighborhood park featuring picnic areas, a large playground, a pump track for biking, a half-court for basketball, six pickleball courts and paved walking trails
- Implemented water-saving landscaping regulations for newly constructed homes that are anticipated to reduce water consumption by another 18% by 2050
- Improved roadways including by starting work to add capacity on Plum Creek Parkway and Ridge Road and completing $18.5 million in pavement maintenance
- Add four Fire and Rescue positions and four police officers as part of the Town’s ongoing commitment to public safety
- Continue renovations at Butterfield Crossing and Mitchell Gulch parks, begin construction at Plum Creek North Park and complete the Colorado Front Range Trail within Castle Rock
- Continue work on the upcoming Crystal Valley interchange, along with improvements on Crowfoot Valley Road and at the “Four Corners” intersection, where Fifth Street meets Ridge Road
Residents are invited to review this information and to share in the celebration of the community’s successes by reading the report or viewing the 2022 Year in Review video at CRgov.com/MajorProjects. That’s also where the Town will post quarterly updates on how work is progressing on 2023 goals.
Get Town news straight to your inbox. Sign up online at CRgov.com/NotifyMe, or follow the Town on Facebook (facebook.com/CRgov), Twitter (@CRgov) and LinkedIn (search Town of Castle Rock).
Need to talk to the Town? Dial 720-896-TOWN (8696) to reach a menu for help with frequently asked questions or live assistance during business hours.