The Town’s financial resources aren’t unlimited, and it’s necessary to prioritize funding needs in creating the Town’s annual budget.
The work of prioritization goes to the Town Manager, to recommend, and the Town Council, to approve, based on a number of factors — including community input.
One chance community members have to offer input on Town priorities is at an upcoming budget open house, which is planned from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 22, at Festival Park, 300 Second St.
Thousands of residents have already weighed in on what they think the Town’s priorities should be moving forward as part of the 2023 community survey process. Among the highest-priority Town initiatives residents supported in that process were:
- Managing growth/quality of life
- Protecting natural resources/preserving additional open space
- Securing the Town’s water future
- Ensuring outstanding public safety (fire and police services) within Castle Rock
- Improving transportation connectivity/relieving traffic congestion
- Maintaining the Town’s unique character
- Providing adequate Parks and Recreation amenities to keep up with neighboring communities
- Managing Town finances conservatively
- Supporting economic development within Town
Drop in to the open house to learn about initiatives planned over the next five years, ask questions and share your thoughts. Attendees can also expect a special unit of the Castle Rock Police Department to be present to help them keep cool on this summer evening.
Those who cannot attend can weigh in online through Sept. 1 at CRgov.com/2024Budget.
The Proposed 2024 Budget is expected to be presented to Town Council in September and adopted in October. Public hearings will be held each time Council discusses the budget.
Get Town news straight to your inbox. Sign up online at CRgov.com/NotifyMe, or follow the Town on Facebook (facebook.com/CRgov), Twitter (@CRgov), Instagram (CRGOV) and LinkedIn (search Town of Castle Rock).
Need to talk to the Town? Dial 720-896-TOWN (8696) to reach a menu for help with frequently asked questions or live assistance during business hours.