Guided by seven key priorities, the Town of Castle Rock achieved a number of milestones in 2023:
- Reduced the Town’s property tax mill levy rate by almost 20% — the average homeowner will pay the Town about $40 in property tax in 2024
- Widened Plum Creek Parkway and Ridge Road and completed the Crystal Valley Parkway/Plum Creek Boulevard roundabout
- Reopened Butterfield Crossing Park, including the inclusive Possibilities Playground, along with completing the final portions of the Colorado Front Range Trail within Castle Rock
- Added four positions at Castle Rock Fire and Rescue and four positions at the Castle Rock Police Department
- Completed the acquisition of Cantril School to help preserve local history and began offering cultural arts programming at the site
These and other achievements are outlined in the Town’s annual Report to the Community, which has been mailed to each Castle Rock address and is available online.
Additionally, the report highlights some of the Town’s 2024 goals:
- Begin construction on the Interstate 25/Crystal Valley Parkway interchange, complete improvements to the “Four Corners” intersection, begin improvements to Crowfoot Valley Road and complete a scaled-back annual Pavement Maintenance Program
- Add three new positions in both the fire and police departments, replace the departments’ emergency radios and design the next fire station, to be located in northeastern Castle Rock
- Study and present to Town Council recommendations for ensuring the Town’s fiscal sustainability — particularly with regard to public safety, roads and open space
- Open Emerald and Mitchell Gulch parks, acquire Lost Canyon Ranch open space and potentially proceed with a new sports development center for the community
Residents are invited to share in the celebration of the community’s success and review the report and a 2023 Year in Review video at CRgov.com/MajorProjects. That’s also where the Town will post quarterly updates on how work is progressing on 2024 goals.
Get Town news straight to your inbox. Sign up online at CRgov.com/NotifyMe, or follow the Town on Facebook (facebook.com/CRgov), Twitter (@CRgov), Instagram (CRGOV) and LinkedIn (search Town of Castle Rock.)
Need to talk to the Town? Dial 720-896-TOWN (8696) to reach a menu for help with frequently asked questions or live assistance during business hours.