How do I report an ice issue?

The Town has invested in two ice-breaking attachments to address major ice buildup issues. Residents can request ice breaking in a specified area by emailing the Public Works Department or by calling 720-733-2462. Public Works will evaluate icy areas of Town and prioritize treatment in the same manner as plowing, starting with priority No. 1 streets, and by looking at the severity of the buildup and traffic volume. With the number of sunny days in Colorado, some icy areas will be left to melt on their own.

Reviewed Dec. 04, 2023.

Show All Answers

1. What are residents responsible for clearing?
2. Why don't plow drivers specifically clear to the north side of the street?
3. How do I report an ice issue?
4. Why do plow drivers dump snow on freshly-cleared driveways or sidewalks?
5. Who can I reach out to if I need help removing snow?
6. What does the Town do with snow Downtown?
7. What kind of deicer does the Town use?
8. How many snowplows does Castle Rock have?